Monday, August 25, 2014

Dancing among the ruins.


Two years in heaven. You know my love I'm so jealous!  But I still feel your presence so strongly with me. Like I have through every moment of this journey. Even now as I'm shedding my mourning garments and allowing God to replace them with garments of joy, I see you smiling with approval.  Because I know no one knew my heart and my love for you better then you.  I know I gave you everything I was. And I thought it all went home with you.  But I'm seeing now my heart can beat again.

A dear friend of ours told me she saw you smiling at me with your hand on the small of my back ever so gently pushing me into this next season.
What a lovely thought, and oh so you Richard.  
Your love was always so sacrificial and unselfish.
But it's scary.  It makes it all finally feel so real .... Your gone.... Your home.  I know it's hard for some of the people around me to process this as well. But I've done this journey so publicly up till now and I can't change that.  I want people to see the joy on the other side of grief. I want to show others the goodness of God by living out loud.  

Our friend I spoke of earlier also said this to me. 
"God is not going to waste your heart".  Isn't that beautiful? He's not going to pour His love into our hearts and not give us a place to pour it back out.  I wouldn't even begin to say I know my future.... I have truly learned to live one day at a time.  But I do now see love is definitely part of it.  And I know you approve. So this anniversary I am celebrating with you my love.  Because we are both right were God has ordained for us to be and that has always been our greatest desire.  
Happy two years in heaven.....
I am dancing among the ruins my love.


Give Jesus the biggest kiss for me!

Love Lightning Your,

Anna


In loving memory of my beloved Richard




12 comments:

  1. Keep holding your head high my friend, and always keep that love in your heart!! You're a strong and amazing woman and for that I am thankful. Those beautiful qualities have helped you through your darkest hours.

    Always remembering you in our daily prayers.

    Hugs,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kimmmmmmm! I'm so soryy I have falling off the blogger radar....you need to get FB so we can stay connected. How is your husband doing? And Grandpa Bob? and of course the fur kids? Big hugs my friend! If you get FB friend me on my personal page under.... RichardandAnna Pettit ...that is all one word

      Delete
  2. Right now things are miserable here! Rolf is having his bad kidney removed this coming Friday. I woke with a cold this morning and am praying he doesn't catch it, otherwise we have to cancel the surgery. He's connected with all tubes, drains and bags at the moment and is in constant pain. I'm a good nurse! Grandpa Bob is doing lot's of stupid stuff again and is driving me crazy. I'm getting to the end of my rope! I'm exhausted and run down with no relief in sight. I know I shouldn't be complaining, but just soooo tired.

    Never wanted to get on FB but may have to think about giving in. My life is just too boring. The only thing I do these days is hit the grocery store and shuttle the boy's to hospitals and Dr's appointments (like that's a big deal right??) Maybe I can get on with an alias. I don't know much about FB so will have to look into that! Don't even know if that's a possibility. I have a hard enough time blogging these days because when you have to do it all, I have zero time to myself. blah, blah, blah.....

    The only thing keeping me sane these days is Lily and Muffin. They are my rock.

    Glad to hear you are doing well my friend.

    Love to all,
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Things are going down hill here with my Hubby. Need some of your magical prayers girlfriend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Kim I'm so sorry I missed all these. My heart is crying for you. This has been such a hard season. I'm praying for you and hubby. Please get fb so I can give you my number. I would love to just pray with you on the phone. At times like this it just isn't enough to comment on a blog.

      Delete
  4. I'm sitting in my car crying cause I feel your pain! I love you Kim don't lose hope!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hard to believe it has been 2 years. I found your blog a bit before you lost your husband. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by and letting me know your out. That is encouraging! Have a blessed day!

      Delete
  6. Merry Christmas Anna! Sure do miss seeing you around Blogville. Give Shannie and all the pup's a BIG hug from their Auntie Kim. Hope that you are well.

    Hugs,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KIM! Oh I miss you too! I have so much to blog about and no time ....I wish you were on FB so we could chat chat chat chat chat....so much to tell you! I pray you are all doing well and have the most amazing Christmas!!!!!! All I want for Christmas is a new Facebook friend ;) .....love ya and big hugs to you and yours!

      Delete
  7. Wanted to wish you some Easter Blessings on this glorious day. I miss you and the pups (and of course Shannie too!) Still no FB for me.

    Hugs,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello friend! I need you. I need to read some words of wisdom from you. Words of hope and healing. Please go read my blog post.

    Hugs,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete