Friday, January 24, 2014

This old man

This is Mr. Snuppy, he is the old man of the house at the ripe old age of 15.  I was looking at him standing on this chair today looking back at me and I though; I don’t want to write about him after he passes away.  I know I don’t have many more years with this little guy.  He has been with me since he was a baby, my birthday gift to myself. 
From that day till this he sleeps right next to my pillow.  He’s a scruff little thing now…but I still love him so much.  He's also very set in his ways, but at 15 or 105 in people years, who wouldn’t be?….lol
My children grew up with him…and I have so many wonderful memories of them together.  He was the best little family dog.

Sadly being in rescue for years I have seen so many people dump their elderly dogs, and it just breaks my heart.   Their spirits are so broken and often they never truly mend before they die.  Sorry to be so glum. It is however a sad truth. 

But this sweet little scruffy face will never feel that heartache :) 


4 comments:

  1. Well hello Mr. Snuppy! Aren't you just the cutest little thing ever :) We know you've had the best life living with your Mama ('cause she's a pawsome woman!) Thanks for sending us a smile this morning.

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle & Muffin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim my friend!....Sorry I have been MIA from blogville....I hope you and yours are all well and warm! Hugs!

      Delete
  2. I've been absent too, so no worries there! Having some Grandpa Bob problems and am taking him to the Dr. on Wednesday. All of a sudden, I can't keep him awake. Day or night he is falling asleep every minute. I finally had to put a video on him bcuz no one would ever believe me! In 46 minutes, he fell asleep 45 times. This started all of a sudden about 2 weeks ago. We have to be with him all the time now. He keeps hitting his head on the dining room table or his desk. I finally got smart and took the tablecloth off the table. I got tired of picking the dishes off the floor and washing up the coffee from the white carpet. I couldn't find anything close enough on the internet that was similar to what is going on. Ugh!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Kim that sound absolutely frustrating! I had a family member just go through what we now know was a side effect from a medication. I'm sure you looked at ever avenue but just in case did he go on any different meds lately? I sure will be praying God gives you and the doctors wisdom to get to the bottom of all this. You kiss that sweet Grandpa Bob for me! Hang in girl...you're doing a super job! :)

      Delete