Saturday, July 13, 2013

A soldier's cry


I shared this story at church on Wednesday...however I just felt like I wanted to share it here as well.

As I was driving down the road the other day the lyrics that are posted on the photo above came across the radio. The thought of going home hit my aching heart so hard I started to cry to the Lord….”I want to go home, I want to go homeeeee”… But as I saying those words with tears streaming down my face.  I was also interjecting…”I’m sorry Lord I know you have work still for me to do and your plan for me is not done…but this longing to go home is still so deep in me”. And ever so sweetly inside my heart I heard the Lord say… “Anna it's ok for a soldier to want to go home”.  My immediate thought was… how true that is. There is not a soldier stationed anywhere in the world that does not long for home. In fact that hope of home can often keep them alive and give them the will to keep going on. So if someone needed to hear that today I hope that is the word you were looking for and God touched your weary heart just as he did mine.

Here it is by the way…the whole song is beautiful…

No comments:

Post a Comment