Saturday, July 11, 2020

Digging up old wells


"You can't go back."  This is a popular saying in our culture. But what I love about God is He has a way of taking us back and moving us forward at the same time. Recently someone said to me when I was looking for some direction in my life, 
"Go back to where you started." 
I love the story in Genesis 26 starting in verse 12 where Isaac was told to go back and dig up the old wells that had been filled in by the Philistines after the death of Abraham.
That's what happens to us sometimes in life. Our dreams are like those wells and they get filled in with the muck and cares of this world so we have to go back and dig them up.  To sum up the ending of that story it goes like this... because Isaac was obedient and dug up the wells it brought him to a place of prosperity and peace with his enemies when they saw God was with him. So I'm say all that to say this...that is why I'm blogging again.  I had a dream here and I've come back to dig it up so I can move forward. 
And I'll leave you with this prayer my dear friends. 
Lord, for anyone reading this post today in your mercy and kindness reveal to them where wells (dreams) have been filled in by the enemy then give them the courage and the boldness to dig them back up! 
In Jesus name...Amen! 

5 comments:

  1. Welcome back my dear friend, welcome back!

    Hugs,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet friend for all your years of loyalty...it feels like home to be back!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. HOPE FLOATS! I can not tell you what it means to me that you commented with that name!!!!!! This is my favorite movie....and all day I've been heaingr God saying that line to me...so when I opened up my email and saw two emails from Hope Floats I almost fell over!!!!!! Oh how God used you to bless me!!!!!!!

      Delete