Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Plot Twist


Often I'll get the name of my blog post before I have the body of it. So when I woke up this morning and the Lord said "plot twist' I had a sneaking suspension the day was going to have to play out before I would get the rest.
But as it did it became more and more uneventful and I honestly started feeling down.  I realized I took “plot twist” to mean something major was going to shift or change in my circumstances...something visible I would see with my eyes. A big this is your day from God!  (I know then what’s the sense of faith right?) So when nothing happened I really had to start fighting discouragement.  It was becoming obvious to me my expectations of what God meant by the title of this blog was clearly not what God meant.  As I was quietly contemplating all of this on my drive home from work this evening. My beautiful wise beyond her years granddaughter turns to me and said, "So did you get your plot twist?"  I was actually surprised by what came out of my mouth.  I said, "In the natural no.  But maybe the plot twist was something God wants to happen in my heart first so He can bring it to pass."  Her reply made me tear up, she says “Maybe so Grammy, because God knows everything and He wants you to see it the way He does.  Its kind of like reading a book over and over again and you watch the characters struggle but you’re excited because you know the ending is good and everything turns out wonderful.” Oh the gems that come out of the mouths of children!  And a child shall lead them along with a timely messages on your Wawa cup. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment