Sunday, July 12, 2020

Stuck in the middle with you


When I wrote yesterday‘s blog I wasn’t intending there to be a part two. However in an anonymous comment from somebody named “Hope Floats”  something stirred in my heart that I’d like to share with you today. First of all, ANYONE that knows me knows that is my all-time favorite movie. 
It’s the story of a wife who is publicly shamed at the knowledge of her husband‘s affair with her best friend on national television. She then has to restart her life with her daughter, go back to her hometown to live with her very eccentric mother and face many of the reasons why her life got to where it did.  It’s actually a great depiction of what I blogged about yesterday on having to go back to move forward.  And of course it’s an adorable love story... so I won’t give any more detail in case you haven’t seen it. But oh if you haven’t go rent it! I always see Jesus all over this movie. How He comes in and redeems our lives and rescues us when we are the most broken. 
But there is one famous line from this movie that I will share with you...it is...  
“Beginnings are scary, endings are often sad, but it’s the middle that counts the most.”

 And that’s where I find myself right now... in the middle .... I think sometimes the hardest place to be in our Christian walk is in the middle. Because beginnings we know ...endings we know, but middles, well middles are often a place where we might not see very much detail. It’s where faith has to really have its way in our life, where we have to lean on and trust the author of our story, which is Jesus.  So today if you find yourself in the middle like me and you don’t have very many details for your future just give hope a chance to float up, and it will. 

Return to your stronghold, O prisoners of hope; even today I declare that I will restore to you double. Zachariah 9:12


That video just cracked me up... because after I wrote this post I asked the Lord what picture or video should I add? I kept hearing this 70's song "stuck in the middle with you" playing in my head. I looked it up in many different versions but all seem inappropriate...(well except maybe the line "clowns to the left of me jokers to the right" just kidding LOL). So I’m looking at God saying how do you want me to use this song?! The Lord says to my heart, "Put in google search the name of the song then add Christian lyrics after". So I did, and this is what it gave me! You just can’t make this stuff up... God is so cool and so fun!  



No comments:

Post a Comment