Wednesday, July 15, 2020

You don't have to go into the wilderness...


...only to collect the spoils.

One of my favorite chapters in the Bible has to be 2 Chronicles 20... and if you’re not familiar with it please go get familiar with it. Because if you’re ever in a battle that’s bigger than you, you need to understand this truth... the battle is not yours it’s Gods! I believe this chapter is one of the best pictures of this promise.  Every time I read it I find another treasure.  Today I want to share one of those nuggets. So I’m going to set the story up for you... 
Anna's version... 
This is in the time of King Jehoshaphat who has just been informed that not one, not two... but three of his enemies are coming up from behind him to attack.  Three enemies when at an earlier time he could’ve taken them out one by one God told him not to.  So he cry's out asking the Lord, "what do I do?". And the Lord tells him "This isn’t your battle all you have to do is position yourself and I’m going to fight this one for you.".  So the position Jehoshaphat takes with his people is to praise and to worship the Lord as they go down to the place God told them their enemies would be.  However in verse 24 this is the nugget the Lord showed me today.  It says... “So when Judah came to the place overlooking the wilderness they looked towards the multitudes and there were their dead bodies falling on the earth no one had escaped.” 
You see the story is that as they worshiped the Lord and kept their focus on God.  God has their enemies destroy each other. 
(Now isn't that’s a wonderful exciting plot twist!!!!! Probably the one I was looking for yesterday. Lol) 
What I never saw before was that God had taken them to the place “overlooks the wilderness” it says.  They didn’t go into the wilderness... only to collect the spoils after their enemy was defeated. Why that blesses me is sometimes when we’re in a battle we think we have to go into that wilderness even as we are waiting for God to fight it for us. That wilderness of depression, that wilderness of despair, that wilderness of sickness.  But No, God is saying you don’t have to when I’m fighting your battles you only have to stand on the edge of that wilderness and see your enemies defeated then go and collect the spoils! Well hallelujah I hope that bless someone like it did me!

Only with your eyes shall you look and see the reward of the wicked. 
 Psalms 91:8


No comments:

Post a Comment