Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Fond (childhood memory)

One of my fondest childhood memories was going to the
drive-in-theater
Something I realized after reading an article in our local paper may soon be another thing future generations will not have the joy of experiencing.
Because of the phasing out of 35mm film and the cost to upgrade to digital it will be beyond most mom & pop run drive-in’s to upgrade. Therefore many of the 350 theater’s left in the country will soon be forced to close.

So I know I’m a tad nostalgic but that just saddened me.
I feel like we lose more than just a unique family night out…
…we lose a simplicity of life.


And one day this blog post picture will make no sense to a future generations.


Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.
~Confucius

4 comments:

  1. That little pink car is toooo stinkin' cute!

    We have a drive in theater about 20 miles from our town. They are asking for donations to upgrade so they don't have to raise their prices. The kids go quite a bit and we go as a family at least once. (It gets so late for this "old" lady)

    Hugs,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That pink car is Shannie's...she got it from build-a-bear and it did work out so perfect...lol

      Your right it is a late night...and my dogs just don't have any mercy on me if I go to bed late...they still get up early. It would be nice if I could pack them in the car and take them all along... How wacky would that look....lol

      Delete
  2. OK, you're killing me here. I mean, LOOK at her just sitting in that hot pink car! That is so stinkin' CUTE!!!!!

    I really miss the drive in movies. The golf club that Grandpa Bob belongs to has movie night once a week. You get in a golf cart and drive over and watch the movie! Now that's using their noggin!

    Hugs,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a cool idea... golf cart drive in!

      And Lil Miss Ricky may look like she is just sitting there looking ahead ...but don't tell anyone I put a cookie under that plastic windshield and she was trying like heck to get it out....hehehehe

      Delete