Thursday, July 19, 2012

Somewhere over the rainbow...is my heart.

 I know I already posted today, however when I looked at the calender I realized its July 19th…  A date my heart never will forget because when I see it I feel a familiar dull pain that is still there after all these years. I wrote in a past blog about what I call a heart dog . Well Binny was my first heart dog.  Today is the 6th year anniversary of Binny’s bridge day. He is the reason we rescue dogs today.  I am a true believer that animals go to heaven…people can argue all day about what the bible does or does not say about animals going to heaven… but if God is as loving and heaven is as wonderful as I believe it is….then my animals are there waiting for me J
We got Binny at a pet store. Unfortunately we knew nothing about puppy mills and where puppies at pet stores come from, but we had 6 heart breaking years to get educated. He came to us when he was 4 months old at 1 lb 4 oz. He was a very quiet and calm little puppy. Looking back now I realize that should have been the first sign something was not right. When he was finally diagnosed with an inoperable liver shunt our hearts had been stolen. But with good vet care a special diet and of course the kindness of God he lived for 6 years and blessed our lives with so much joy. He was always frail and needed lots of care but we would have done it forever and spent every dime we had. Sadly his little body could no longer hang on and he passed away on July 19th 2006 and took our hearts with him. This is what’s on his grave stone and it says it all…. If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I’d walk right up to heaven and bring you home again. Binny we MISS you every minute of every day. Give Jesus a big wet nose kiss for Mommy, Daddy and the Pack.  
He always had a half shaved leg in most pictures from all his surgeries.
Below... A wonderful woman made this inch high stuffed Binny for me...we call it his "minny me" LOL...  I treasure that silly thing.
Thank you blog world for letting me share my heart ...it helps :)

No comments:

Post a Comment