Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Hot dogs! Get your FREE hot dogs here!

Every year a local church in our community has this gigantic flea market. I always look very forward to going, and mark my calendar as soon as I get the date.  And every year I always score treasures to add to my doggie collection. This year my favorite treasure had a whopping price tag of 10 cents!  Which I was SO willing to pay. But when I got up to the checkout the lady said “Oh that’s only 10 cents…you can just have it.”  Yes, that woman became my new best friend ;).  So now, for those of you who are thinking… big deal…a free stuffed animal. Well, No siree!…It’s not just a stuffed, so cute...makes you want to eat it up, wiener dog, but a vintage "autograph hound". They were popular in the 50’s -60’s.
But what I love about this one …besides the fact it’s a dachshund… is that it still has its pen attached and it’s not autographed! 


Now my good fortune is about to become your good fortune…that's if you’re a fan of the wiener dog. (Which I know many of my readers are.) In my hunt to try to date my autograph hound I came across this sweet set of FREE printable dachshund gift tags. 


And YES I’m going to share the link. 

Free Dachshund gift tag link

After you open the link above Just right click and save like you would any image....and then print to your heart’s content! J  

I did find a few more doggie goodies at the sale. And this last one I’m sharing had me walking down memory lane in my mind. It's a copy of one of my favorite reading class textbooks from elementary school.  “The Dog Next Door”.  I love rediscovering books I enjoyed in my childhood and sharing them with Shannie. Especially when they have such great pictures.
   This one however wasn’t free…it was 25 cents. hehehehehe



So I will end this post with Shannie’s response to me when I told her we were going to a flea market.  She said… “Grammy, don’t you think with all these dogs we should stay away from anything with a name like FLEA market”…..LOL. I love that kids! 


6 comments:

  1. What a great post... and today being my mom's birthday and she has always had doxies... her current one is a black n tan male named Toby... she will love to get the tags. Thank you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Sharon that's perfect! Hope see has a blessed day all-around!

      Delete
  2. That autograph hound is so cute! I've never seen one so fancy :) A lady that I clean for has one that is plain off white with black ears and a red collar, kinda blah. I love children's books too. My 12 year old daughter still has a bookshelf full of them because I won't let her get rid of them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I though when I found it....I never seen such a fancy one either. And make that girl keep those books ...she will thank you one day. :)

      Delete
  3. You seem to find the coolest things! I can soooo remember those autograph hounds from my childhood (I must be getting old.) What a great find. And how crazy is that..... You found a book that you loved as a child. Wish you were closer so we could shop together :)

    Hugs,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well your inching your way...NY is much closer the FL...lol

      Delete