Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Can you hear me now?

I love how dogs talk to one another. They may not have words but they sure have a language. And after years of being around them I’ve learned to read it pretty well.
Like this look right here. It’s saying… “Ok... you need to get out of my face!" Well because Lil Ricky is a pup she either didn’t get it or didn’t care because she just wanted to play.  


So this was the next lesson in doggie language
  she got….


And just in case she didn’t get that one …there is always the white ninja Binny lurking in the corner ready to pounce…LOL

Unquestionably the school of hard knocks for Lil Ricky today.


But for now order is back in the pack and everyone is calm.


Dogs find their greatest security when they know where they fit in the pack.
Even in their play this is always being established. 
In a way I envy the simplicity of their society.  Everyone knows where they fit and if they are new they quickly learn.  I think one of the reason I have such success rehabilitating dogs is because I have a pack and they really do the work for me. Believe it or not I feel I've learned more from my pack then they have ever learned from me. And God has often spoken to me through observing and interacting with them many life lessons.
 In the first few weeks after Richard died it was so overwhelming to deal with a pack of dog all by myself and It just seemed like there was no way I could do this without Richard. I would say to God how could you take him home when we had so many dogs yet to care for... Couldn't you wait till the pack was thinner? But now I realize He knew I was going to need a pack of dogs to get me through the most difficult, lonely time of my life.  Now I say to God... thank you for this wonderful gift you have given me and allowed me to be part of.

And yes I hear you loud and clear Lord....you really know what you’re doing.... You are the best pack leader of all! :)

 May I always know where I fit with just one glance from your eyes.
  
You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of your presence and the pleasures of living with you forever. Psalm 16:11


4 comments:

  1. It's amazing the "life lessons" WE learn from the pack.

    Hugs,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure is Kim. How is Lily? what did the vet say? We have been thinking about you all night Miss Lily :)

      Delete
  2. I don't have a dog, just a cat and now my sister's cat is spending some time with me too. I may get one in the future and I was thinking of a Yorkie, but I just adore that little white dog, what breed? Another dog I like is the Bearded Collie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is a Maltese Diane. And they are usually love bugs but Binny ...well he's just nuts...lol. But we love him anyway. I love all dogs but would not want to own some breeds. Yorkies use to be one I never thought I would want to own. But Lil Ricky sure changed that :)However I have to say I will always own a Dachshund and a Pitt Bull. They are my favorite breeds :)Best thing to do is read up on any breed your interested in ...so you can see if they fit your life style. And I always ask God only send me the dogs you have purposed for my life. When it's hand picked by God it always works. :) Hugs

      Delete