Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Closer than we think to timelessness

I believe heaven touches earth a lot more then we know….or maybe I’m just looking for it now.

At 5:15 PM today it will be one month.  Time, it’s a funny thing. It feels like it stopped for me as I watch the rest of the world go by. So a month doesn’t seem to mean anything right now other then “I can’t believe it’s been a month”. There was a movie out years ago called Groundhogs Day… the plot was about a man who was stuck in a time loop and kept living the same day over and over again. That’s kind of what my life feels like right now. Not that I do the same things every day but every morning as I come out of that twilight state and wake up the first thought that hits my mind is the reality that Richard’s not here… and all the unbelievable heart wrenching pain comes flooding back. It’s anything I do now that we did together….(which was almost everything) that makes me feel like I’m living the same painful moments over and over again. I guess this is why it feels like time has stopped. But in reality I know it hasn’t and I’m so glad it hasn’t. Because every day I’m closer to seeing my husband’s amazing smile again and feeling him wrap his arms around me again…and when the real timelessness comes… I will never have to be separated from him again. In heaven the bible says there is no time. I like the thought of spending timelessness with my Jesus and my Richard. Time is for this earth. Time so often just makes us long for things…like…can’t wait till this day is over or the weekend to get here or for vacation to start. We spend so much of our life waiting for another time…or longing for a time that has past and we can never get back.  Although this time we have on earth may feel long it really is nothing compared to the timelessness of eternity….it is really like a vapor.
There is a time for everything,
    and a season for every activity under the heavens:
a time to be born and a time to die,
    a time to plant and a time to uproot,
    a time to kill and a time to heal,
    a time to tear down and a time to build,
    a time to weep and a time to laugh,
    a time to mourn and a time to dance,
    a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
    a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
    a time to search and a time to give up,
    a time to keep and a time to throw away,
    a time to tear and a time to mend,
    a time to be silent and a time to speak,
    a time to love and a time to hate,
    a time for war and a time for peace.
Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

1 comment: