Monday, September 24, 2012

Vicariously living through the lens

Shannon was here this weekend. Just watching her live is healing to my soul. I know she is hurting also and together we love each other through the painful moments. She has her ways of coping and some are just amazing to me. She started the sweetest thing when we say our prayers at night. She holds on to Richard’s thumb print necklace and says “I’m holding Poppy’s hand Grammy because he’s right here with us.”  
I know... I choked up on that one also.
Photographing her has always been a great joy for me but now I love it more than ever because she is so full of life and so full of joy and it makes me want to be more child like… her faith is simple and pure… and her Innocence is the most beautiful gift. 
“Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.”  Matthew 18:3


2 comments:

  1. Yup, that did it for me too!

    Love that 2nd picture of her.

    Hugs,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. *snifs* It's so nice to read that about the thumbies necklace. I have often sold those at work but never heard of anyone really commenting as to why they chose to get one. That she was holding his hand. That's just beautiful. Little ones are wise beyond their years sometimes in the perfect things they say.

    Her little shirt really fits her. She is a cutie!!


    XoXo's,
    Sarah & the Weens
    http://doxiejibberish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete