Monday, September 10, 2012

We all miss his touch

My husband was a very affectionate man….to me, to our Grandbaby even to our animals. He was a very touchy, tender person.  Something that makes his going home even harder. One thing he did every night when we went to bed was rub my hand. He would even do it in his sleep. The first night I laid in bed after he passed I stretched out my hand across the bed to his side and just wept.  Something amazing started to happen soon after that and every night since…his dog started licking my hand till I fall asleep. Again I truly believe animals were created for our comfort and joy.
In Matthew it says Jesus just touched a womans hand and she was healed. (But when Jesus touched her hand, the fever left her. Matthew 8:15)
Thank you Lord because I know you have brought much healing to my soul through the touch of my beloved husband…and even though I long for those touches and feel like I can’t live without them …you know me best. So now your touch is the one I long for... to carry me through this next season in life. ~ Your beloved Anna

4 comments:

  1. Another beautiful post about your sweet Richard. I think I've said before, you can tell from his pictures that he had such a kind soul.

    Thanks for sharing him with us.

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorite blog peeps...love your comments aways! big hugs!

      Delete
  2. I just cry every night when I read your post. I'm new to your blog since the beginning of this summer. If words can bring you any comfort know that you are being prayed for by me and my family in Mississippi. Your husbands love lives on through your eloquent words! I

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naomi...thank you so much for your prayers! You are so kind...and thank you for letting me know your out there in blog world....I love to meet new friends. Be blessed! :)

      Delete