Thursday, December 27, 2012

I have the gift of goodbye

The pain of a sword- thrust through you--
But the rejection will force honesty,
as God reveals who they really are.

These are the words Simeon said to Mary pertaining to what she was going to experience being the Mother of Jesus.
Since Richard went home to the Lord in many ways I can relate to these words.
Major life events have a way of revealing people’s hearts and who is really with you in life.
It also can be a ripple effect to a shift in relationships. And I believe that is an intention of God to move us into our destiny.  Some people just aren’t meant to come for the long haul.
“They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us.”  1John 2:19
I don’t think I could say it any better than that.

Wouldn’t it be grand if we could all be as loyal as a doggie J




"When people walk away from you, let them go. Your destiny is never tied to anybody who leaves you, and it doesn't mean that they are bad people. It just means that their part in your story is over."
~T.D. JAKES


5 comments:

  1. Beautifully written and a thought provoking message! Thanks for sharing your most intimate feelings! God Bless! Love the doggie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I truly don’t know how to be any other way. My life is an open blog...lol
      But thank you for the encouragement. Richard was my filer and sometimes I wonder…maybe I shouldn’t share that…but then I do…lol

      Delete
  2. Yup! Got me in tears once again. This is so beautiful.....

    Such an emotional day for me as today is Muffin's 8th birthday. It breaks my heart that my Mom only got to spend 3 years with her. I'd like to believe that Mom will somehow find a way to plant a kiss on Muffins little head today just to let her know that she's always with her. Oh how my heart can dream.....

    Hugs,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw girl my heart dreams with you for Muffin. And because I'm sure there is so much of your Mom in you... plant a kiss on her little head for her :). Do you know how much you honor your Mom by not only keeping Muffin but loving her so well. Being in rescue for years I seen it happen over and over again...Parents die and kids just drop their beloved pet into a shelter. You deserve a kiss on the head too :) Big hugs dear one sorry your having a hard day.
      Oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUFFIN!

      Delete
    2. Believe me, I've kissed that sweet Muffin a zillion times today through my tears. Thanks for your kind words.

      Delete