Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Peace


I was studying that word yesterday.  I know we often associate it with the absence of trouble or war.  But a deeper study from a biblical point of view gave it much more meaning. The verb form of the word peace means to make whole or complete or restitution The noun has the more literal meaning of being in a state of wholeness or with no deficiency. For me that put so much more meaning into scriptures like the one in Luke were the angels proclaim the birth of Jesus… Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace But what I got really excited about is it gave whole new life to one of my favorite scripture which is Isaiah 55:12. You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands. And so that’s where my adventure began yesterday. That scripture brought back a childhood memory of a barn we lived around the corner from when I was a young girl. It had this really cool mural painted on it based on that scripture.  So I decided to get in the car with my little furry sidekick and go for a drive and see if it was still there.  I know it was a long shot it had been 30 years or more since I last seen it.
Well I was so excited when I came around the corner and saw it was!
Well almost...
Sadly it's in disrepair :(
But I still got great joy seeing it and also when I spotted the flag on the house across the street!
So as I drove home I was just pondering the deeper meanings of peace and I asked God to help me be an instrument of His peace to the people in my life. Well I so love going on adventures with the Lord… I also love how he confirms things. On my way to the barn I had to stop at a card shop for something and while I was there I opened a little book of verses and on the very first page was Isaiah 55:12. Then on the way home I stopped at one of my favorite antique shops and found this…
(Incidentally I collect these linen calendars and that was probable about the year I last saw the barn.)

Like I’ve always said you can’t make this stuff up! God’s always talking if we just listen.  
Now go in PEACE dear ones and have a great JOY filled adventure with the Lord today...He's always up for one!

PS. After I finished my blog post I received this text from a friend who I had not shared any of this with. ~May the God of your hope so fill you with all JOY and PEACE in believing (through the experience of your faith)  that ... you may abound and be overflowing ... with hope. ROMANS 15:13

I LOVE GOD ADVENTURES!

2 comments:

  1. And what an adventure that was! And then to have your friend text you that, is amazing!

    I'm going to find the Joy and Peace in my life today. Now if I can just convince my crabby hubby to do the same, we'd be in good shape. Grandpa Bob, well, he's always happy!

    Hugs,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete